As you develop as a senior manager you need to start to think and handle yourself very differently. You are even less involved in the day to day delivery of the work. Your success depends on your ability to manage your managers as well as mentor and inspire others.
Your people skills need more finesse because there is more at stake; your emotional intelligence comes to the fore as people look to you to set the tone and the organisational culture. This course is going to show the way of becoming an inspiring leader.
To share methodologies and techniques that will enable you to:
- Identify the main types of leadership
- Identify the main characteristics of different theories of leadership – trait,transactional etc.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply different leadership styles and characteristicsto different business situations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the problems associated with leadingchange in an organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the advantages and disadvantages ofdifferent leadership approaches to a problem
- Develop emotional intelligence skills
- Demonstrate mentoring techniques
- Understand the importance of starting with your ‘why’Duration: 1 DayWe now deliver this workshop in shorter sessions over a virtual classroom – delivered live from our tutor in 2 half day sessions.
Review of Actions from Management Skills Workshop
- Trait theories
- Behavioural theories
- Contingency theories
- Power and Influence theoriesEmotional Intelligence
- The 4 elements of emotional intelligence
- Tuning into your senses
- Improving your emotional intelligenceMentoring
- Key responsibilities
- Mentor agreements
- 4 domains of performanceStarting with ‘why’
- The golden circle
- Discovering your ‘why’Bring it all together and action planning Course Review