This course looks at how to get the best from the social media tools in business. It contains an overview of some of the most popular social media marketing tools.
It explores how a business should select the best combination of tools for their audience, their aims, the resources they have available and their product, drawing on the experience and knowledge of some of the leaders in their fields. A number of tools for measuring success for Social Media are also covered.
The course is also constantly being updated, so you can be sure you are fully up to date with the latest developments in this fast moving and fascinating arena.
- Module 1: What is Social Media? Why use Social Media? What worries you? What excites you? Taking a strategic approach
- Module 2: Reviewing current marketing activity
- Module 3: Reasons and aims for Social Media marketing, the impact of the type and size of the business on the methods chosen, typical audience groups, identifying the Social Media audience of a business
- Module 4: The range of Social Media tools, Blogs, email newsletters, niche tools, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Videos, Podcasts, Images, Forums, Social Bookmarking, Mobile, Other content
- Module 5: What is content, creating a content plan, re-using content
- Module 6: Resources, social media policy, risk and crisis management
- Module 7: Measuring success
- Module 8: Creating a strategy, best practice
By the end of this course you will have learnt:
- The role social media now plays in business
- What your employers will expect you to know
- Social media etiquette in the business world
- A range of social media tools and how to use them
- How to measure and monitor success